I have taken on a kind of casual monitoring project. It is not particularly well organized nor in any way scientific. I am not counting one by one the bizarre, vitriolic, sleazy, slimy, hate balls that the Hate Media hack up but rather casually tuning in to listen to the muck waves just to get a general impression of what they are up to. There is really no need for rigor in this set of observations, none is required. One need only tune in, at any time of the night or day, to find the hate mongers and war mongers in full cry. They never disappoint. They never sleep.
One would think that in the early days of a truly historic political transition they would at least take pause, take stock, and give it a rest. But no, Laura Ingraham is spewing and puking, Oxycontin’s Own Ma Limbaugh is spewing and puking, Sean Hannity is spewing and puking, Bill O’Reilly is spewing and puking and Michael Savage–well what can be said about Michael Savage. He along with the rest of the right wing, reactionary, proto fascists are spewing and puking the intellectual filth they love so well.
Their credo seems to be: We lost. We lost big time. We got a mud hole stomped in us by the American people but we are not going to get over it. We are not going to admit why American stomped a mud hole in us. We are just going to keep spewing and puking in the hope that there are enough uneducated, racist right wing, reactionary greed heads—the absolute worst of America—to keeps the pigs at the trough and the thieves at the banks.
Everyone else in America knows exactly why they got a mud hole stomped in them. Here is a short list.
1. George Bush, a semi moronic failure from Texas was appointed by a proto fascist Supreme Court to be President.
2. On George Bush’s watch and in spite of the billions, and billion and billions of dollars spent on intelligence and defense the United States was attacked by 19 Arabs (almost all Saudis) who barely spoke passable English and who hijacked four planes striking the two tallest building in New York and the Pentagon. No one was held accountable for this massive failure of the defense and intelligence system.
2. Bush lied and caused his puppets to lie to the American People repeatedly about the threat of terrorists, the threat of WMD’s and launched two illegal and immoral wars based on those lies. Those wars contributed in large measure to the bankruptcy of the country.
3. Bush, abetted by a cowardly Congress, rammed through a series of Big Brother initiatives based on fear and which resulted in America becoming a nation of torturers, Americans spying on Americans for political purposes, and America becoming a nation of kidnappers and prison builders which would have done the Nazi concentration camp system or the Russian Gulag system proud.
4. Bush made America the most despised country in the world.
5. On the home front Bush initiated huge tax breaks for the rich while working Americans struggled desperately to stay afloat.
6. What money the administration did not pour down the Pentagon and Haliburton rat holes, was stolen from the American people in the largest theft in the history of the world by enabling the thieves on Wall Street to repeat the Ponzi scheme run with the S&L’s in the eighties.
In sum, this past administration of so called conservatives drove the country into a fiscal and diplomatic ditch so deep and so wide that it will take years to climb out. The eight years of the Bush administration has been the worst in the history of this country even though there have been a number of really rotten administrations whose excesses they had to go one better.
The American people clearly understood that Bush and the Republican Party are to blame for the mess the country is in. You can kick the American Public in the ass as often as you like as long as you don’t hit their wallets. Now a really furious American Public is broke and unemployed, and they have extracted a first measure of vengeance.
It is equally clear that this crowd of hate mongers have no capacity for shame. You would think they would process the fact that America has just said no! No matter. The Hate Media mouth pieces will continue their mewling and puking. That is what they are paid to do. No doubt, as Obama tries to fix the mess left by this administration, the Hate Media will serve remind us that America should turn as many of these thieves out of office as possible in the coming midterm elections. Obama, who has shown early signs of having grown tired of trying to work with what remains of this pack of jackals, fired a shot across the bow of the hate media by telling Republicans that if they wished the country to function again they need to stop listening to Limbaugh. Hopefully, the President will gauge the mud hole the American people have already stomped in these right wing reactionaries, and harness the fury of the American people to stomp it dry.
Defeat the Hate Media. Bring back the Fairness Doctrine.
January 24, 2009